Pokemon Grape Rom: Pokemon Grape is a hack ROM based on Pokemon Red (USA), and it’s the author’s first hack ROM.
The development of Pokemon Grape began in 2012, and three demos were released: Demo 1 and Demo 2 in 2013, and Demo 3 on Christmas Day in 2014. There were significant differences and improvements in each Demo release. On December 31st, 2019, the final version v1.0 was released.
This is a Total Overhaul hack that has changed the original game almost beyond recognition and includes advanced Assembly Features, the majority of which have never been seen in a Gen1 Hack ROM before, such as Physical-Special split attack, new evolution methods, and so on.
This hack influenced later Gen1 hacks, as their authors stated on several occasions.
Pokémon Grape is a unique gaming experience, as it is a completely different version of the game. It’s unique in that it includes THREE quests: the First Quest (up to the Pokémon League), the Second Quest (post-league), and the enigmatic Secret Quest (intertwined between the two).
The hack is quite difficult, especially at the start of the game, and the gameplay experience is far superior to the original Red Version in terms of hours of gameplay.
This is the final hack that was carried out using antiquated methods such as hex editing.
Many fans regarded this hack as the “spiritual successor” to Gen 1 hacks such as Pokemon Brown and Pokemon Team Rocket.
Indeed, Pokemon Grape began as an homage to old-school and retro Pokémon hacks from the beginning.
Actually, Pokemon Grape is widely regarded as one of the best Gen 1 hacks ever made by both critics and fans around the world; it has won several awards over the years, and the most recent Demo release has received critical acclaim.
Pokemon Grape Rom Story Wiki
Welcome to the Region of Frejo!
It’s 1999, and you’ll play as a former baseball player in a deadly competition for control of the Pokémon League, which could prevent a war between two regions, Frejo and Kelgo. Furthermore, some Team Rocket survivors who had fled Kanto following the failed Silph Coup have migrated there and joined a secret cult in order to tamper in this competition and start some nasty plots! Will you save the world, claim the title of ultimate Pokémon master, and reveal all of the hidden secrets?
The winner gets everything.
Pokemon Grape Rom Game Information
Pokemon Grape Rom Features
- Explore the Region of Frejo AND the Region of Kelgo, each with its distinct Town Map! Frejo alone is way bigger than Kanto. Multiple backtracking and open-world alike Region;
- You can explore Kelgo, its dozen of maps, the fully functional Hot Spring and a dungeon. You can travel across the two regions by land or via Magnet Train;
- You can catch all the 248 Pokémon species featured in this game, including pokémon from generations ranging from the First to the Sixth and even get a couple new Fakémon;
- 11 Legendary Pokémon, the new ones even feature their own special event – notably Mew under the truck at the Port & Ho-Oh like in FireRed-LeafGreen;
- New types, for a total amount of 25 types: from the canonical Dark, Steel and Fairy to Light, Bone, Sound, Wood, Atom, Wind & Gas;
- A multitude of completely new ambients and dungeons: from very detailed Forests to Swamps, caves, ice caves, sewers, multiple sidescroll areas, volcanoes and even underwater. All with the best graphics ever seen in retrò hacks. These include even new kind of traps, environmental hazards and stuff never seen before;
- Very improved graphics, EVERY Pokémon sprite it’s in higher resolution with better details, shadings, palettes, and with detailed backsprites. Each Pokémon uses its own colors as meant;
- Improved Shaded fonts, not shaded in battles, multiple selectable textboxes, dark fonts and even Braille!
- New methods of evolution implemented (first Pokémon hack ever to do so), from Place Evolution to Move Evolution and items that evolve, and in the case of Eevee De-evolve, Pokémon that otherwise wouldn’t;
- Phisical-Special Split Attack and a Damage Counter during battles;
- A fast Kart instead of the bicycle, capable of doing x4 speed at will, and running shoes on foot;
- New Pokéball types: Fast, Net, Nest, Dive, Dusk, Timer, Repeat and Heal Balls, along with Dope Ball, Shiny Ball AND even the Snag Ball – for catching a trainer’s own Pokémon!
- New Repel System, imported from Pokemon Black2-White2;
- Completely new items with completely new functions, even outside of battle: Lighter, Mining Pick, Magic Hammer and many more!
- 70 extra new Moves, including moves that use the new types (at least 3 damage dealing moves for each new type). Many moves have newly added additional effects (eg: Rapid Spin with its Gen8 additional effect);
- Custom OverWorlds in the Pokemon menu, one for each Pokémon species;
- More emotion bubbles, used more often than in the original game for special effects in the course of many events and/or dialogues;
- Damage Counter during battles in Final Fantasy-fashion!
- Hilarious dialogues, humour and tons of “pop culture” references, and there’s even occasional self-censored profanity, Conker’s-Bad-Fur-Day Style;
- Several glitches left there by the original developers were fixed (too many to be listed here);
- And more…
Pokemon Grape Rom Screenshots
Pokemon Grape Rom Download
Pokemon Grape Rom Download (Final v1.5) – Click Here
Pokemon Grape Rom Docs
Pokemon Grape Rom Readme – Click Here
Pokemon Grape Rom Walkthrough (by Allen Chingonzoh) – Click Here